Saturday, 20 April 2013
Egg (1 - organic or free range, lightly beaten)
All-purpose flour (1 tbsp)
Salt (1/2 tsp)
Parsley (1 tbsp - chopped)
1) Peel potatoes and coarsely grate by hand.
2) In a large bowl, whisk the flour, egg, salt and pepper together. Stir in the potato and parsley until all pieces are evenly coated.
3) In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Drop packed tablespoons of the potato mixture into the skillet and flatten them with the back of a spoon.
4) Cook the latkes over moderately high heat until the edges are golden, about 2 minutes; flip and cook until golden on the bottom, about 1 minute.
5) Repeat with the remaining potato mixture, adding more oil to the skillet as needed.