Tuesday, 14 May 2013
Makes 7 (small):
Plain flour (100g)
Whole Wheat flour (150g)
Baking powder (1 tsp)
Rice drink (125 ml)
Egg (1 - organic or free range, lightly beaten)
Olive oil (for cooking)
Sugar free fruit jam
1) Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. In a separate bowl or jug, lightly whisk together the rice drink and egg.
2) Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter. Any lumps will soon disappear with a little mixing. Let the batter stand for a few minutes.
3) Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add dash of olive oil.
4) When it's warm add a ladle of batter. It will seem very thick but this is how it should be. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown.
5) Repeat until all the batter is used up.
6) Serve with jam or maple syrup.