Egg replacement ( equivalent to 3)
Muscovado Sugar (200g)
Olive oil (125 ml)
Baking Soda (2 tsp)
Baking Cocoa (80g)
Water (200 ml - boiling)
Semi-sweet chocolate (100g)
Non-hydrogenated margarine (1 tsp)
Fresh Strawberries (10)
Strawberry jam (sugar free, organic - 100g)
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4.
2) Line two cake tins with parchement paper. Set aside.
3) In large mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
4) Add egg replacement and oil, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
5) Stir in boiling water by hand (batter will be thin).
6) Divide the batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
7) Prepare the frosting. Melt the chocolate with the margarine.
8) Spread the jam and sandwich the cakes together.
9) Pour over the chocolate frosting and fresh strawberries.