Saturday, 10 August 2013
Soy sauce (2 tbsp)
Water (1 tbsp)
Garlic (minced - 1 tsp)
Ginger (grated - 1 tsp)
Lime (1 - juice)
Tofu (firm, large stripes - 250g)
Corn flour (enough to coat)
Sesame seeds (1 tbsp)
1) Mix together the soy sauce, water, garlic, lime and ginger in a medium-sized bowl.
2) Add the tofu, coat in the mixture and allow to marinate for 15 minutes or longer if possible.
3) Mix the flour, the sesame seeds and the pepper.
3) Set aside the liquid mixture and drain the tofu. Dredge the tofu in the flour mixture, coating it on all sides
4) Place a sauté pan or wok over high heat. When smoking, add just enough of the olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the tofu and cook until is brown.