Wednesday, 18 September 2013
Strawberry Bread Rolls
For the dough:
Whole wheat flour (300g)
Agave nectar (30g)
Non hydrogenated margarine (50g)
Instant dry yeast (2g)
Rice drink (150 ml)
For the Filling
Strawberry jam (unsweetened - 100g)
For the Glaze
Agave nectar (2 tbsp)
1) Combine all ingredients, in a large bowl, and mix together until you have dough that is sticky and tacky. Dough should clear the sides of the mixer while kneading but still sticking to the bottom.
2) Turn the dough into a floured surface and knead it for about 2 minutes. Roll the dough into a rectangle and spread the jam evenly, leaving a small margin near edges.
3) Starting with a long side, roll to form a tight cylinder. Slice it into 10 evenly sized pieces
4) Arrange the rolls in the prepared baking pan. Cover with plasticwrap and allow to rice for 30 minutes.
5) Preheat oven to 180ºC and bake for 20 minutes or lightly golden top and cooked through.
6) After baking drizzle agave nectar over the warm rolls.