So I've tried it... with granola like this one.
It's not a yogurt has they say but it's really much better... but while I as eating breakfast and tasting the oatgurt I had the idea to try it on a cake...
Havregurt cake with apple topping
Makes 1 cake:
All-purpose flour (2 cups)
Baking powder (2 tsp)
Muscovado Sugar (1/2 cup)
Natural Oatgurt (1 cup)
Extra virgin olive oil (1/2 cup)
Water (1/2 cup)
Lemon (juice of 1)
Coconut oil (1 tbsp)
Muscovado Sugar (1 tbsp)
1) Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
2) Line a small cake pan.
3) Mix together all ingredients, except the lemon juice, in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
4) Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake at 180ºC.
5) Melt the coconut oil, add the apple, sugar and cinnamon over low heat. Cook the apples until tender.
6) Take the cake from the oven (it should be tender in the top) and add the apples. Return the cake to the oven.
7) Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the top is golden brown.