Adding protein to baked goods can prevent them to rise and make them too dense. Although, with this Organic Rice Protein Powder the bread was soft, smooth, rich and very tasty.
Strong wheat flour (350g)
Rye flour (300g)
Rice Protein (50g)
Salt (1 tsp)
Olive oil (1 tbsp)
Agave nectar (1 tsp)
Fast-action Dried Yeast (4g)
Extra flour for dusting
Water (300 ml - tepid)
1) Stir the flours, rice protein and salt together in a large bowl, then make a well
in the centre and add the water, olive oil, salt, agave, yeast and stir.
2) Mix until the mixture comes together and forms a slightly lumpy and sticky dough.
3) Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead until it’s smooth and elastic.
4) Shape it in two loaves and leave it in a warm place for at least two hours until it has doubled in size.
5) Preheat the oven to 180C.
6) Bake the loaf for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crusty. The base should sound hollow when tapped. Cool on a wire rack.