For 1 loaf:
Strong wheat flour (150g)
Whole-wheat flour (125g)
Salt (1 tsp)
Dark muscovado sugar (2 tsp)
Fast-action Dried Yeast (4g)
Extra flour for dusting
Water (150ml - tepid)
Apples (2 - cubed and mixed with sugar and cinnamon)
1) Stir the flours and salt together in a large bowl, then make a well in the centre and add the water, salt, sugar and yeast and stir.
2) Mix with until the mixture comes together.
3) Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Fill the dough with the apples.
4) Shape it and leave in a warm place for at least two hours or until it has doubled in size.
5) Preheat the oven to 180C.
6) Bake the loaf for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crusty. The base should sound hollow when tapped. Cool on a wire rack.