For the topping:
Rolled oats (200g)
All purpose flour (50g)
Non-hidrogenated margarine (100g)
Dark muscovado sugar (2 tbsp)
Cinnamon (½ tsp, ground)
For the filling:
Apples (2 - peeled, cored and cut into small pieces)
Pears (2 - peeled, cored and cut into small pieces)
Quinces (2 - peeled, cored and cut into small pieces)
Agave nectar (1 tbsp)
Corn Starch (1 tbsp)
Water (3 tbsp)
Star anise (1)
Cinnamon (1 stick)
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2) Combine the filling ingredients in a large casserole. Cook over reduce heat for about 10 minutes, or until the fruits are softened but still retain their shape. Remove the star anise, cinnamon stick and discard.
3) Place the oats, flour, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Taking a few cubes of margarine at a time rub into the flour mixture. Keep rubbing until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4) Spoon the fruit mixture into the bottom of a ovenproof dish, then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
5) Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the crumble is browned and the fruit mixture bubbling.