Tuesday, 16 April 2013
Makes 46 cookies:
Butter (unsalted - 125g)
Sugar (granulated - 100g)
Egg (yolk 1 - organic or free range)
1) Beat the butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
2) Mix in the egg yolk until well incorporated.
3) Add the flour and mix.
4) Scrape onto a lightly floured board and knead a few times, just until the dough smooths out.
5) Turn onto a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log, wrap up and refrigerate for several hours or freeze.
6) Before baking, preheat the oven to 180C.
7) Slice the dough into slices and place them in baking sheets.
8) Bake until just beginning to turn golden around the edges, about 16-18 minutes.