Sunday, 18 August 2013
Cheddar and Parmesan Biscuits
Makes 25-30 biscuits:
Non-hydrogenated margarine (100g)
Plain flour (100g + extra for flouring)
Mature Cheddar (50g - finely grated)
Vegetarian Parmesan (50g - finely grated + a little extra)
Egg (1 - beaten)
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2) Place the margarine and flour into the bowl of a food processor with the pepper and cheeses. Process together.
3) Wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
4) Lightly flour a work surface and gently roll out the pastry. Cut out the biscuits to the size and shape you wish. Lay them out on a greased baking tray.
5) Carefully brush the surface of each biscuit with the egg and sprinkle over a little finely grated parmesan.
6) Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Sugestion: For the vegan version use vegan cheeses and a bit of olive oil to brush the biscuits.