This recipe uses tofu instead of eggs for a healthy and low-fat meal. As a result you get a light, fluffy and full of flavor quiche!
Water (100 ml - or plant-based milk/cream)
Dried tomato (100g - chopped)
Olives (50g - chopped)
Black pepper and salt
Shortcrust pastry (250g - this one is wholegrain spelt)
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius/392 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Place tofu, water, garlic, onion, pepper and salt in a food processor and run until you have a smooth mixture, you can taste during this step so you get the seasoning exactly to your liking.
3) Chop the mushrooms and the spinach finely. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the chopped ingredients and allow to simmer until the water is
evaporated. Remove from heat and had the chopped dried tomato and olives.
4) Combine the mushrooms and spinach mixture with the sauce, and mix thoroughly. Line the tin with the pie dough and pour the filling into it.
5) Place it in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until firm on the inside and slightly golden on the top.