Healthy, indulgent... delicious!
Makes 1 cake (medium):
Oat Flour (100g)
All-purposes flour (100g)
Muscovado Sugar (125g)
Coconut oil (room temperature - 50 ml)
Baking Soda (2 tsp)
Raw Cocoa powder (80g)
Water (200 ml - boiling)
Semi-sweet chocolate (50g)
Coconut oil (1 tsp)
Soya milk (or other vegetable milk - 1 tbsp)
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2) Line one cake tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
3) In a large mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
4) Add coconut oil and mix.
5) Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
6) Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
7) Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Allow to cool.
8) Prepare the frosting. Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil.
9) Pour over the chocolate frosting.