Friday, 28 June 2013
Oat&Banana Skillet Cookies
Makes 10-12 cookies:
Rolled oats (60g)
Quinoa flour (20g)
Maple syrup (2 tbsp)
Banana (1, mashed)
Nuts (2 tbsp, chopped)
Vanilla extract (1/2 tsp)
Cinnamon (1 tsp)
Baking soda (1/2 tsp)
Baking powder (1/2 tsp)
Unrefined coconut oil (3 tsp, for cooking)
1) In a bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
2) In another bowl, mash the banana, add the maple and the vanilla.
3) Stir the wet into the dry until just combined. The batter should be thick.
4) Heat a skillet over med-low heat and add 2 tsp of coconut oil.
5) Spoon the batter into the pan and press down lightly.
6) Cook until the bottoms are golden brown and then flip.
7) Repeat the process with the rest of the dough.
8) Place on a cooling rack, and they will firm up a bit more once cooled.