Friday, 7 June 2013
Quinoa, Carob and Apple Bread
For 1 loaf or 10 buns:
Water (250 ml - warm)
Strong Wheat flour (300g)
Quinoa flour (100g)
Carob flour (50g)
Fast-action Dried Yeast (3g)
Apple (1 large or 1 1/2 small - diced)
Muscovado Sugar (1 tbsp)
Cinnamon (1 tsp)
1) Stir the flours and salt together in a large bowl, then make a well in the centre and add the water, salt, sugar and yeast and stir.
2) Mix with until the mixture comes together.
3) Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Fill the dough with the apple and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
4) Shape it in one loaf or 10 small buns and leave it in a warm place for at least two hours or until it has doubled in size.
5) Preheat the oven to 180C.
6) Bake the loaf for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crusty. The base should sound hollow when tapped. Cool on a wire rack.