A tradicional portuguese recipe from alentejo, "veganized" :)
Plain flour (2 cups)
Whole wheat flour (1 cup)
Rice Milk (1 cup - or any other vegetable milk)
Coconut oil (1/2 cup)
Apples (4 - cut into quarters and laminated)
Muscovado Sugar (1/2 cup)
Cinnamon (1 tbsp)
1) Preheat oven to 180C.
1) Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and make a hole in the center, place the milk and the oil into it and mix until smooth.
2) Knead by hand adding more flour if necessary. Divide the dough into two roughly equal parts.
3) Place one portion of dough on vegetable parchment and flatten with a roll pin until gets thin. Do the same with the other and reserve.
4) Cut the apples into quarters, peel and cut them into thin slices.
5) Place the vegetable parchment with one part of the dough in the baking pan, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and distribute the apple slices and sprinkle again with sugar and cinnamon.
6) Turn the second dough over the apples.
7) Slightly close the ends of the dough squeezing them between your fingers.
8) Bake until golden brown (about 25 minutes).