Thursday, 14 February 2013
Serves 4 to 6:
Shortcrust pastry (250g - ready made)
Fresh Mushrooms (500g - Chanterelles, Black Chanterelles, Funnel Chanterelles or Boletus)
Onion (1 - big)
Salt (½ tsp)
White pepper (½ tsp - ground)
Butter (3 tbsp)
Emmental cheese (150g- grated)
Sour cream (250 ml)
Eggs (2 - organic or free range)
1) Preheat the oven to 200C.
2) Chop the onion and mushrooms finely. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onions, mushrooms and seasonings and allow to simmer until the water is evaporated.
3) In a bowl, mix the sour cream, emmental cheese and eggs together.
4) Line the tin with the pastry, add the mushrooms. Pour the egg mixture into the pastry case.
5) Bake for 30 minutes until the filling is set and golden brown.