Saturday, 4 May 2013
Chocolate Muffins with Cocoa Frosting
Makes 18 (small):
Eggs (3 - organic or free range)
Muscovado Sugar (200g)
Olive oil (125 ml)
Baking Soda (2 tsp)
Baking Cocoa (80g)
Water (200 ml - boiling)
Semi-sweet chocolate (100g)
Non-hydrogenated margarine (1 tsp)
Water (2 tbsp)
1) Preheat the oven to 180C.
2) Line muffin cups with paper or foil liners. Set aside.
3) In large mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
4) Add eggs and oil, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
5) Stir in boiling water by hand (batter will be thin).
6) Divide batter evenly among cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
7) Prepare the frosting. Melt the chocolate with the margarine.
8) Slowly add the water.
9) Cover the muffins and enjoy.