Friday, 23 November 2012
Muscovado Sugar (50g)
Cinnamon (1 tsp)
Ginger (1/2 tsp)
Nutmeg (1/2 tsp)
Corn starch (20g)
Egg (1 - optional)
Sweet short crust pastry (250g)
1) Preheat the oven to 180C.
2) Steam the pumpkin and drain very well. Reduce to purée.
3) Mix the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Gradually add eggs and corn starch.
4) Line a pie pan with the dough. Pour the pumpkin mixture.
5) Bake for 35-40 minutes, the pie will be golden-brown, but the filling should still be slightly soft.
6) Place the pie on a wire rack and cool to room temperature.