Sunday, 16 December 2012
Makes 24 biscuits:
Rolled oats (1 cup)
Desiccated coconut (1 cup)
Flour (1 cup)
Brown sugar (1 cup)
Non-hydrogenated margarine (125g)
Golden syrup (2 tbsp)
Baking soda (1 tsp)
Boiling water (2 tbsp)
1) Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a baking tray or line with baking paper.
2) Combine the oats, coconut, flour, and sugar together in a large bowl.
3) Melt the margarine and golden syrup together.
4) Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water and add to the butter mixture. Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together.
5) Roll teaspoons into balls and place on the tray, allowing room for them to spread.
6) Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.