Tuesday, 25 December 2012
Serves 8 to 10:
Eggs (6 - organic or free range)
Flour (2 mugs)
Muscovado Sugar (1 +1/2 mug)
Olive oil (1/2 mug)
Non-hydrogenated margarine (2 tbsp)
Baking Soda (2 tsp)
Baking Cocoa (1 mug)
Water (1 mug - boiling)
Semi-sweet chocolate (200g)
Non-hydrogenated margarine (1 tbsp)
1) Preheat the oven to 180C.
2) Prepare a big cake tin.
3) In large mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
4) Add eggs, oil and margarine beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
5) Stir in boiling water by hand (batter will be thin).
6) Pour into prepared pan.
7) Bake for 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
8) Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan to wire racks.
9) Prepare the frosting. Melt the chocolate with the margarine.
10) Whip the cream and slowly mix everything together.
11) Cover the cake ;)