Monday, 24 December 2012
Soy sauce (2 tbsp)
Water (1 tbsp)
Garlic (powder - 1 tsp)
Ginger (grated - 1 tsp)
Tofu (firm - 250g)
Corn flour (enough to coat)
Red onion (1 - sliced)
Scallion (1- chopped)
1) Mix together the soy sauce, water, garlic and ginger in a medium-sized bowl.
2) Add the tofu, coat in the mixture and allow to marinate for 5-10 minutes or longer if possible.
3) Set aside the liquid mixture and drain the tofu. Dredge the tofu in the flour, coating it on all sides
4) Place a sauté pan or wok over high heat. When smoking, add just enough of the olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the tofu and cook until is brown. Transfer the tofu to a hot plate and reserve.
5) Add the onion and scallion to the pan and cook until soft . Add the marinated liquid. When it starts to thicken slightly, remove from the heat and pour over the tofu.