Sunday, 3 March 2013
Makes 1 cake:
Non-hydrogenated margarine (100g)
Muscovado sugar (100g)
Rice flour (150g)
Cassava flour (80g)
Coconut (20g - grated)
Baking powder (2 tsp)
Soy cream (100 ml)
Egg (1 - organic or free range)
Cinnamon (1 tsp)
Vanilla extract (1 tsp)
1) Preheat oven to 175C/350F.
2) Lightly oil a baking pan and set aside.
3) In a large bowl, combine margarine and sugar.
4) Add the egg, flours, coconut, baking powder, soy, vanilla and cinnamon and beat for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
6) Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Set aside to let cool for 15 minutes, remove from pan and let cool completely.