Friday, 22 March 2013
Eggs (4 - organic or free range)
Muscovado Sugar (200g)
Non-hydrogenated margarine (200g)
Baking powder (1 tsp)
Baking soda (1/2 tsp)
Baking Cocoa (125g)
Rice Drink (or milk 200 ml)
Semi-sweet chocolate (200g)
Non-hydrogenated margarine (1 tbsp)
1) Preheat the oven to 180C.
2) Prepare a big cake tin.
3) In large mixing bowl, stir together the egg yolks, margarine and sugar.
4) Add the rice drink, flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
5) Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture.
6) Pour into prepared pan.
7) Bake for 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
8) Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan to wire racks.
9) For the chocolate icing, heat the chocolate, margarine and cream in a saucepan over a low heat until the chocolate melts. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk the mixture until smooth, glossy and thickened. Set aside to cool for 1-2 hours, or until thick enough to spread over the cake.
10) Spread the chocolate icing over the cake and enjoy ;)