Saturday, 8 September 2012
Puff pastry (375g - ready rolled)
Parmesan (50g - freshly grated)
Gruyère (50g - freshly grated)
Black pepper (freshly ground)
1) Preheat the oven to 200C.
2) Place the pastry on a floured work surface and roll out slightly to create a square.
3) Sprinkle with parmesan, gruyère, pepper and oregano.
4) With a sharp knife cut the pastry, lengthways, into 1cm strips. Hold the ends between your fingers and carefully stretch and twist the strips in opposite directions.
5) Place the twisted strips in a baking tray.
6) Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden.
7) Remove the cheese straws from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes to firm up.