(Dairy free version)
Short grain rice (1 cup)
Rice drink (4 cups)
Margarine (1 tbsp)
Eggs (4 - organic or free range)
Muscovado sugar (5 tbsp)
1) In a saucepan, combine the rice drink and the rice. Cook on low heat until tender and creamy (35 minutes). Remove from heat, stir in margarine, and let cool to room temperature.
2) Preheat the oven to 180C.
3) Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
4) Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed.
5) Mix the egg yolks with the sugar until creamy.
6) Add the egg yolk mixture to the cooled rice, then fold in the stiffened egg whites
7) Pour in a prepared pan and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown.